Nearly 40 years ago, Micheline Charles left her native Haiti in search of a better life for her family in the United States. After six years, she secured visas and other documentation that allowed her to bring her little boy and girl to Southern Florida. Life was better but not without some struggle.
- Opal is 2019 Trailblazer for Justice Awardee
- Coretta Scott King Center Honors Opal Tometi with Legacy Award
- How Black Lives Matter Cofounder Opal Tometi Makes Sure She Can “Weather the Storm”
- Forget Coates vs. West — We All Have a Duty to Confront the Full Reach of U.S. Empire
- The 2016 Webby Awards: Social Movement of the Year