A shift has occurred in the year since Michael Brown’s death sparked unrest in the streets of Ferguson, Missouri, on August 9, 2014. National conversations have arisen around issues affecting the black community in America: police brutality, economic injustice, racial inequality.
- Opal is 2019 Trailblazer for Justice Awardee
- Coretta Scott King Center Honors Opal Tometi with Legacy Award
- How Black Lives Matter Cofounder Opal Tometi Makes Sure She Can “Weather the Storm”
- Forget Coates vs. West — We All Have a Duty to Confront the Full Reach of U.S. Empire
- The 2016 Webby Awards: Social Movement of the Year