While the media still primarily pay attention to institutionalized racism when a black heterosexual cisgender man is killed by police, organizers on the ground are looking to grow a movement that ensures liberation across sexual, gender, and class identity.
- Opal is 2019 Trailblazer for Justice Awardee
- Coretta Scott King Center Honors Opal Tometi with Legacy Award
- How Black Lives Matter Cofounder Opal Tometi Makes Sure She Can “Weather the Storm”
- Forget Coates vs. West — We All Have a Duty to Confront the Full Reach of U.S. Empire
- The 2016 Webby Awards: Social Movement of the Year