Just over five years ago I entered into one of the most challenging periods of my life. At 28, I had become the executive director of Black Alliance for Just Immigration (BAJI) — a nonprofit that serves black immigrants and refugees, among the most disadvantaged populations in the nation — which was in the red.
- Opal is 2019 Trailblazer for Justice Awardee
- Coretta Scott King Center Honors Opal Tometi with Legacy Award
- How Black Lives Matter Cofounder Opal Tometi Makes Sure She Can “Weather the Storm”
- Forget Coates vs. West — We All Have a Duty to Confront the Full Reach of U.S. Empire
- The 2016 Webby Awards: Social Movement of the Year